Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: Naked


Title: Naked (The Blackstone Affair #1) 
Author: Raine Miller 
Synopsis: Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her there no matter what. His dominant nature captivates and ensnares despite the demons she carries inside her. But there are secrets in this relationship. Huge ones. Can Ethan free Brynne from the past that has marked her? Will Brynne let him or will the specters tormenting her resurface to destroy them both…


My review: 

I started reading Naked for the RARE Event challenge of reading and posting a review of a book of every author attending the signing event. I didn´t read any Miller´s books before Naked.

The synopsis and development of this story reminded me in a way to 50 Shades of Grey. The controlling, over protective, rich man obsessing over the insecure, beauty student. Though I have to say the writing style is a lot better. I also liked the setting of pre-olympic London and all the detailed descriptions of one of the cities I love the most. Sometimes it was as if I was back in London for a couple of hours while reading Naked.

From my point of view the main problem for me were the main characters. But not because they were weak or bad developed, it is just a matter of taste. Rich men are my least favourite kind of heroes and if we add overprotective and kind of caveman...just not my kind. I have to say there is a cliffhanger at the end so you may want to have All In, the 2nd book in The Blackstone Affair series to avoid the tension!

Naked was a short and easy read perfect for romantic readers that are looking for insta attraction and caveman behaviour while enjoying a detailed narration in the wonderful city of London.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...