Tuesday, February 13, 2018

New release: Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen!


A sexy new standalone from USA Today bestseller Sarina Bowen.

You’d think a billion dollars, a professional hockey team and a six-bedroom mansion on the Promenade would satisfy a guy. You’d be wrong.

For seven years Rebecca has brightened my office with her wit and her smile. She manages both my hockey team and my sanity. I don’t know when I started waking in the night, craving her. All I know is that one whiff of her perfume ruins my concentration. And her laugh makes me hard.

When Rebecca gets hurt, I step in to help. It’s what friends do. But what friends don’t do is rip off each others’ clothes for a single, wild night together.

Now she’s avoiding me. She says we’re too different, and it can never happen again. So why can’t we keep our hands off each other? 



Review
Ahhh, finally Nate and Bec’s story.
I’ve waited for this book for a long time <3 

As it was already clear in previous books of the series, Nate and Bec’s love story had a long time coming. Nate’s feelings for Bec were quite obvious to many of their friends, and I was so curious to see how their story would unfold.

I have to say that I liked how it developed <3 They already had this great understanding of each other thanks to their friendship, so they only had to readjust themselves to this new development, a romantic involvement between them.
It was not so easy as it might seem: first of all, Becca is a really strong woman, self-sufficient. Her doubts about her relationship with Nate were really comprehensible: he is her boss, he is a multimillionaire…
There were some miscommunications between them, but luckily nothing insurmountable and impossible to solve.

Nate was a really great guy, a hot genius with such a brilliant mind. I think his behaviour was really admirable, he left Becca space to think about their relationship, he didn’t pressure her, and he was there for her when needed.

I liked the 2 chapters with flashbacks, but I had to rewind my reader mind because they were narrated as if in a movie, like a third person watching the events from an exterior point of view. It was a different prospective, not a typical one, but after adjusting myself, I found it quite interesting, especially considering it was used for flashbacks. 

I loved every mention of previous characters, I love this series so it’s always a plus when I get some more infos about what happens to other couples.

Honestly, I can’t say that it was my fav book of the series, I loved Nate and Becca but I maybe expected a little more from their story? I’m not even able to pinpoint the exact element that I felt missing, probably some more insight.

But anyway, it was a really good story and if you read the previous books, I definitely recommend it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...