Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Book Oscar Winner: Interview with M. Robinson



Hey Everyone :)  

We have a really fun interview with The Book Oscar Winner in the category for Best Cover, M. Robinson :) Just scroll down and check it out :)


Hi Monica :)

Congratulations on your win and welcome to Living in Our Own Story :) Thanks a lot for sparing the time to answer a few questions for us and our readers.

LIOS:  What prompted you to write and release your first book?.
Monica: I’ve always been an avid reader. I have been a reader since I was a kid, so books have always been a passion of mine. The only reason I released a book in the first place, was because my husband pushed me to. He spent over a year trying to convince me to write one. So one day I just sat down and started writing, and the rest is history!

LIOS:  How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Monica: Give or take six weeks to write a full length novel.

LIOS:  Who is your favorite book boyfriend?
Monica: Alexander from The Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Paullina Simons

LIOS: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Monica: Depending on the content of the book. The darker books took me the longest. I was so excited to write Tempt the Boss that it took me a month.

LIOS:  Who is your author idol?
Monica: Paullina Simons, author of The Bronze Horsemen Trilogy. I am obsessed with her characters and writing style. I have read those books at least 20 times each and feel like I’m reading them for the first time again. She is definitely my author idol, hands down.

LIOS:  What sexy scene from your books you would like to re-enact in real life?
Monica: All of them *Wink ;)

LIOS: Do you remember the first book that made you cry and how old were you?
Monica: A Child Called “It” by Dave Pelzer not sure how old I was.

LIOS: What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
Monica: Definitely switching back and forth from one POV to the next. I’m in one mind set for a while and then have to switch to a male. Can be challenging at times not making him sound like a female lol.

LIOS: How do you select the names of your characters?
Monica: I pick names that I like generally. For characters that make small appearances I will use some of my Beta Readers names, or friends names ;) Before I was naming all my heroines after my nieces, but I ran out of them now. So just names that interest me, names I would choose for my own kids.

LIOS: What was your hardest scene to write?
Monica: One of my characters from one of my books had to say their final goodbye to a loved one that had cancer. It was hard to write because it was like taking a page out of my own book and wrote everything I went through for that scene. Every emotion I had was poured out into that scene.

LIOS: What can we expect from you next?
Monica: Expect the unexpected! As far as my next book… El Santo will be releasing August 29th, 2017. You meet him in Ends Here.

LIOS: Thank you Monica for spending some time with us and answering our questions :) We love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...