Monday, September 21, 2015

Review: Famous (Famous #1) by Kahlen Aymes



Title: Famous 
Series: Famous #1
Author: Kahlen Aymes
Release Date: March 17th, 2015

Synopsis

Caden Carlisle is a world-renowned superstar with good looks, million dollar movie deals and women throwing themselves at him wherever he goes. He has it all… but wants nothing more than a normal life without the paparazzi and glitz.

Brooklyn Holloway is an up and coming starlet with a solid head on her shoulders and her eyes wide open. It’s all about art for her and she isn’t looking to star in blockbuster films. She’s perfectly happy keeping a low profile and doing indie projects with a message.

When fate throws the two of them together on set; both are unprepared for their undeniable connection. Cade is drawn to Brook’s down-to-earth wholesomeness and she can’t help the irresistible pull of his good looks, sense of humor and chivalrous ways... So, when he begins to think he’s in love with her, resisting is next to impossible, despite being committed to someone else.

Only when filming ends and the world's fascination with celebrity invades their bubble, can they decide if the emotions they felt on set were scripted, or forever.

Purchase Links:




My Review:

I fell in love with Kahlen Aymes' writing with the After Dark Series but I still haven't read the Remembrance Series (Yes, I know. Huge mistake on my part but I am planning to rectify that as soon as I can ;)). So when Famous came out, I decided to check it out. Well, wasn't exactly the type of story I would usually go for. I prefer romantic suspense or romance where the male character has a dominant streak at least a mile long. But apart from that, this is a pretty good romantic story with well developed characters but at least in my opinion, it reads more as a new adult book.

Cade is definitely delicious. I would've preferred if he was a little bit more alpha but that doesn't change that he is breathtakingly handsome with his glorious dark blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He is also incredibly romantic, intelligent and of course plays a guitar and when he sings, sings only for the woman in his heart. Pretty much, as Brook describes him, he is an old soul. Definitely a BBF you will fall for if you are not into the tall, dark and handsome bad boy with a dominant behavior ;)

Brook is a beauty in her own right. With blonde hair, darkened for the shooting and bright blue eyes she is definitely a looker. Being 18, I think she is still a little bit immature at times. I think that with a little bit more experience, she would of handled the situation with Cade and David in a different way but in any case, I do admire her strength and values.

As a whole, the book is pretty good. Especially if you love sweet romantic stories. The characters are interesting and look like the perfect couple. A little bit too sweet for my tastes but it was written in a way that catches the attention and makes you get invested in the story. So I am definitely reading the other books in the series ;) If you are a Remembrance fan, you would definitely want to read this series. And if you haven't read it yet (just like me), it will definitely intrigue you enough, to make you check it out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...