Monday, September 21, 2015

Release Day Blitz & Review: Wishful Thinking (The Dragon Knights #1) Gabbie S. Duran






Title: Wishful Thinking 
Series: The Dragon Knights Series #1
Author: Gabbie S. Duran
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 21st, 2015
Hosted By: Book Beauties Promotions

  


Lexie has one goal in life: to grant one last wish for each of her patients. There isn’t a request she will deny, and has yet to fail to deliver a promise. That is, until the day she goes in search of the infamous rock star Kaleb Knight, who can’t care less about her life’s ambition, or the children she is determined to help. 

Kaleb has his own dark secrets. He lives each day as if it’s his last, and refuses to spare a moment of his time to play the part of a knight in shining armor—especially for someone like Lexie . . . or so he thought. Now, his head and heart are at war, and his soul is screaming she is exactly what he needs. 

Will Lexie be the only one that can save him in the end? Or will he instead succumb to the darkness threatening to consume him? 


Also available for FREE on Kindle Unlimited!




 WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | TWITTER | TSU



“Lexie?”

“Yeah, buddy?”

He sucks in a deep breath before saying, “Do you think there are stars in heaven?”

“Of course there are. There is anything your little heart desires.”

“Even my hot fudge sundaes?” His question causes me to lightly laugh. Of course he asks about his favorite dessert that he has been craving for the past month.

“Even your hot fudge sundaes,” I reply. “Before you know it, you’ll be having a stomach ache from eating too much sugar.”

This causes his mother to whimper as she struggles against surrendering to the breaking point. She’s always fought to not break down in front of Braden. She doesn’t want him to see how upset this entire situation makes her.

He brightens from the response, his eyes returning to the show above us. The entire time my view is locked on the little angel in front of me, knowing everything I’ve done tonight to make this possible is still not enough for him. He deserves more. He deserves a lifetime worth of years to gaze up at the stars, not borrowed hours as we wait, wondering when the end will come.

Unfortunately, the wait wasn’t long. Braden took his last breath two days later. I was at his side, holding his mother’s hand when he gave his last smile before closing his eyes for the final time. He took a piece of my heart with him at that very moment, but they all have.



 My Review:

Gabbie S. Duran is a relatively new author to me and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this book. But considering that I am a su**er for rock romance books, I decided to check it out. And I am so glad I did. The story is so heartfelt and heartbreaking that the pain and feelings simply bleed through the words. There's been quite a long time since I've read such an emotional book. I've cried from the beginning till the end. I enjoyed every single word in this story and the characters are so real and complex that I am pretty sure that you won't help yourself falling in love with them.



Kaleb and Lexie are two totally different characters, or at least that's what you will think on first glance. But if you look deeper, they have so much in common that they are probably the only people who can understand each other's feelings and pain. Of course, their relationship is quite rocky at the beginning but with his irresistible charm, Kaleb manages to soften Lexie's heart and convince her to give him a chance. With every page, their heartbreaking and painful pasts are revealed and for me that was probably the most heartbreaking parts of the book together with the scenes with Lexie's patients. And just when you think that everything is finally going to be ok, there is another nightmare threatening to destroy Lexie and Kaleb's relationship. 



I also feel obliged to warn you that Kaleb is not your typical manwh*re rockstar. But that doesn't mean he is not extremely delicious :D He has a dominant streak but once he finds Lexie, he also shows his tender and romantic side together with his vulnerability. Lexie is also a great character. She is pretty much a firecracker and a heart blown to pieces since her teenage years but still with incredible capacity to love and fight for what she believes in. And somehow, she fits perfectly with Kaleb. They are exactly what each one of them needs.


As you probably figured it out already, I loved the story and the characters. but what really made this book and incredible read for me was the way the author managed to translate feelings on the pages. I lived through similar events as some of those described in the book and I was really able to relate to quite a few of the scenes. All the pain and heartbreak was so masterfully described that I just couldn't help myself shedding tears on every page. 

As a whole, this is an incredible book. The story, the characters, everything is just right. You will find heartbreak, pain, hope and romance. And just to make it perfect, the story is sprinkled with some fun and topped with hotness ;) But I feel obliged to warn you. This is an amazing story but it is an ugly cry type of book. It is still so worth reading, though. You will simply regret it if you don't pick up a copy. I can guarantee it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...