Friday, September 26, 2014

Review: When You Make it Home by Claire Ashby


Title: When You Make it Home 
Author: Claire Ashby 
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing 
Synopsis: Meg Michaels, a bookstore owner, has already walked away from two cheating exes. She’s learned her lesson and has her mind set on success—until she gets knocked up. Embarrassed and unwilling to discuss her situation with friends and family, she wears layers to hide the pregnancy. When Meg gets sick at a party, she’s mortified. Even worse, Theo Taylor, the guest of honor, discovers her secret. Theo, an Army medic wounded in the war, agrees not to reveal her condition, and the two forge a bond of friendship that blossoms into love. Theo is soon filling all of Meg’s late-night cravings—and not just the pregnancy-induced ones. But can their love overcome all the obstacles that stand between them and creating a happy family?


My Review: 
When You Make it Home is the first debut novel of Claire Ashby and I have to say that I just became a fan of Ashby. If she can write this wonderful story as her debut, I definitely cannot wait to read her future books! 

I am really not into books with pregnant women or babies in young girls because I don´t want to have children but this book was so well written and explained that I literally loved the whole story. I saw the pregnancy of Meg as a new beginning for her and Theo, it was heartbreaking to see their dily struggles while their love flourished.
  
Both main characters are perfectly depicted and described. Meg is sweet, strong, passionate and caring. She is the perfect other half for Theo, an ex soldier with PTSD problems. The story of the secondary characters it also addictive and very well developed. I really liked how in the end everything fit perfectly together because there were a lot of mysteries around this contemporary novel.

I specially liked the love and devotion Meg has for books and everything book related. I felt completely identified with her because one of my freams is to own a book shop like Meg´s.
When You Make it Home is the perfect novel for bookworms and book lovers. It is a sweet yet powerful story. A must read for this fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...