Sunday, August 10, 2014

Review: Tangled by Emma Chase


Title: Tangled (Tangled #1) 
Author: Emma Chase 
Synopsis: Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? He’ll tell you he has the flu. But we all know that’s not really true. Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life? Can Drew Evans win at love?


My Review:

I was a bit wary to start this book because I usually dislike the books that are very popular and have high rates because either they don´t fit with my tastes or because I am not in the mood to read that kind of book. I always end up finding them lacking of somthing but Tangled surprised me in a really good way.

To be honest I didn´t like Drew at the beginning, he was a serial womanizer and I usually don´t like that kind of guys but he gained me easily with his charm. And I have to say it was too funny to se how he felt in love with Kate. I loved the narrative, it was funny, cocky and portrayed perfectly Drwe´s charismatic character. I was amazed to discover how men truly think, according to the book. If men really think like that, we women are so screwed up, we won´t need a manuel to understand them, we will need lots of luck.

Kate is a wonderful heroine, she´s strong, smart and stubborn. She was Drew´s perfect match. I was seriously struggling with the doubt of finishing it or not because at a certain point it seemed like there was no way they would end up together and I love HEAs.

I ended up enjoying the book more than a lot but I didn´t give it 5 stars because even though I liked it, I didn´t love it. I am not really in a hurry to read the next one, maybe I´ll give it a chance in a far away future because I am happy with how things ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...