Sunday, November 17, 2013

Karen A. Hooper

I’ve loved mermaids since as far back as I can remember. This is me when I was two years old, holding my Sea Wees doll. See how happy I am? I grew up watching movies like Splash and The Little Mermaid, and you could find me swimming around the pool in our backyard with my legs stuck together, pretending I had a tail and fins. Fast forward a couple (maybe a few) decades and I’m still playing make-believe with mermaids–except now they’re in my novels instead of a toy box. I’m a self-proclaimed twisted little pixie. I believe that magic and true love really do exist, even in a world that can be ugly at times. I like to dance down rabbit holes and ride shooting stars while playing a never-ending game of “Imagine If…” Then I write about my impossible and fantastical musings and call myself an author. Honestly, I can’t imagine doing anything else. I love storytelling way too much. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, but I’ve also lived in Colorado. Eventually, I had to move to a place where I’d be surrounded by water, so I now live in Florida. When I’m not writing I can be found reading, people watching at Disney World, hanging with my amazing friends and family, listening to music, dancing, traveling, pondering the Universe, or enjoying breathtaking sunsets and a good glass of white wine. I love great food, desserts, more desserts, movies that make me laugh or cry, thunderstorms, butterflies in my stomach, curtains blowing in the breeze, my dogs tails wagging because they are happy to see me, thrilling rides, books that make me think or learn something new, Ravens football, long warm baths, smiling uncontrollably, flavored coffee, an amazing dream that stays with me all day, popping popcorn the old-fashioned way, jumping out of airplanes, board games, lotto scratch-offs, and flying to Neverland. I’m a constant work in progress.(From her webpage)

I discovered Karen´s books this year and after reading Grasping at Eternity she became one of my favourite authors. Her stories are full of romance, fantasy, mystery and adventure all at the same time. Her writing style is catching and easy to understand. I love all the characters from her books, specially the boys (Team Nathan & Team Rownan!!)
I´ve just finished reading Dangerous Depths and I can´t wait to post my 5 stars review for the release day!!

Here´s a song that reminds me a lot about Maryah and Nathan in Grasping at Eternity. You just have to listen to the lyrics, it is perfect! What do you think??







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...