Thursday, November 14, 2013

Elisa Freilich

Elisa Freilich has enjoyed a love affair with language from her earliest days. Raised in rural Monsey, New York, Elisa spent her days reading whatever crossed her path and developing a keen appreciation for the ever-present music in her home – from classical to rock. French lessons and creative writing workshops complemented her adolescence, which was also greatly enhanced by a summer spent abroad at Cambridge University. From the time she could read and write, Elisa could often be found composing poems, song lyrics and satirical newspapers. After her college years at Boston University, Elisa continued her creative pursuits, working as a junior VP of Marketing at a corporate graphic design agency and, later, as an interior decorator. Eventually, Elisa left the workforce to raise her family, in her now hometown of Englewood, NJ.( From: http://www.elisafreilich.com)


Haunted by silence, a mute teenage girl is mysteriously given back her voice ... and it is divine. "Silent Echo" is a gripping, original read, with a heroine you won t forget. Katniss Everdeen watch out for Portia Griffin. Erica Wagner, Author of "Seizure" Rendered mute at birth, Portia Griffin has been silent for 16 years. Music is her constant companion, along with Felix, her deaf best friend who couldn t care less whether or not she can speak. If only he were as nonchalant about her newfound interest in the musically gifted Max Hunter. But Portia s silence is about to be broken with the abrupt discovery of her voice, unparalleled in its purity and the power it affords to control those around her. Able to persuade, seduce and destroy using only her voice, Portia embarks on a search for answers about who she really is, and what she is destined to do. Inspired by Homer s "Odyssey, Silent Echo: A Siren s Tale" is an epic story filled with fantasy, romance and original music.


I LOVE Elisa Freilich as a person and as an author. She is  wonderful, she cares a lot for her fans and she will always answer your tweets or comments. 
So I´m going to put some anecdotes that happened when I was reading Silent Echo:

1. I saw Silent Echo for the 1st time in August and I saw it was avaliable but didn´t request it. This happened 3 times but everytime I went into Netgalley to find new books, Silent Echo was there and it kept calling my name. And although I didn´t like the cover a lot ( yeah, I´m more into hot guys in covers xD) I decided to read the synopsis and in that exact moment I knew I´d found THE BOOK. I´m sure it was destiny.

2. Being summer when I read Silent Echo, I used to lie in the hammock next to the pool to read. And 2 things happened while reading it:
- I get burnt because I was too hooked in the story that time passed without realizing.
- There was a hot guy in the pool and I used to stalk him from the distance, just staring at him xD but OMG since the moment Felix appeared I forgot about the guy, and I was really into him. That´s how good Silent Echo is.

3. I am not a fan of the classic books but when I finished Silent Echo I wanted to read The Odyssey so badly!

4. Since I finished reading the book I´ve became Elisa´s number 1 fan, I´ve even considered creating a Street Team for Silent Echo because none of my friends have read yet the book ( I blame all the University compulsory readings for that) and I´d love to talk about Silent Echo, maybe a facebook group? Who´s in??

And HERE is my review if you are curious about Silent Echo =)

This song reminds me a lot about Felix, what do you think?





PURCHASE:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...